Tuesday 29 April 2014

Ennore

Ennore is an industrial locality around 18 KMs north of Chennai Central station, it has a big Thermal Power plant and has the factory of the commercial vehicle giant, Ashok Leyland. In between all these is a fishing hamlet called Thazhankuppam, which has a clean beautiful beach and a broken pier. A great place for photography isn't it. I made two trips to that place.

This place has been featured in several movies(Tamil and non Tamil movies). The climax scene of the 2003 Blockbuster "Kaakha Kaakha" starring Suriya was shot here. More recently, a few scenes from the 2014 Hindi movie "2 States" were shot here.


First Trip, September, 2013

This was my first trip. In this trip, I could walk towards the pier, under it and take some shots.


A close look at one of the broken pillars of the old pier

An array of pillars under the main pier

On top of the pier
 After capturing the shots above, I decided to have some fun ;) by going under the pier, putting my camera on the tripod to get this shot of the sea-water gushing through those pillars.
Gushing water under the pier

Second Trip, March 2014

I enjoyed my first trip to Ennore so much that I decided to go there again. But this time, the water had swollen up and thus the pier was surrounded completely by the water and became inaccessible. I then decided to just enjoy the sea breeze and the water hitting my feet. But I took these:
The full pier with the beach.

The full pier with the beach again, but a closer view.

Pillars, pillars and more pillars

Little rocks at the beach with their reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment